There are obviously several ways to do nachos… the easiest route: sprinkle shredded cheese onto the chips, pop in micro, and call it a day. TOTALLY support that.
However, if you do have five minutes to spare to make this luxurious, melty cheese sauce that is pictured above ^ we HIGHLY recommend taking that extra step. You will not regret.
- 1, 8oz. block of pepper jack cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; add the garlic and flour and whisk for about 2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant
- Slowly add the milk and bring to a boil; once the milk has reached a boil, reduce the heat and whisk in the cheese until melted; Whisk in the onion powder and salt
- Pour the cheese sauce over your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy!