The second we read the description of Aubrey’s Pretzel Bread Bread Pudding in A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee – we KNEW that a BBTP recreation was necessary.
These individual sized bread puddings are made with salty, chewy pretzel buns, and contain ALL the fall flavors, i.e cinnamon, nutmeg, bourbon and vanilla.
The recipe is out-of-this-world on its own, but if you want to pack an extra punch, make our easy caramel sauce and garnish with crunchy pretzels!
- 1 package of 6 pretzel buns
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of half and half
- 2 cups of dark brown sugar
- 1 TBS bourbon
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP nutmeg
- Optional- butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners; lightly spray with Pam or cooking spray
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs
- Whisk in the half and half, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Tear up the pretzel bread into smallish 1-2 inch pieces; add them to the wet ingredients and soak for about 5 minutes
- Use a spoon to fill each liner 3/4 of the way full; If using butterscotch chips, sprinkle those on top
- Bake for 30-35 minutes; Note that the bread puddings will rise while in the oven but slightly deflate when you remove (kind of like a soufflé)
- Optional: In a sauce pan over medium low heat, stir together 1/2 cup butter with 1 cup packed brown sugar; drizzle over the bread puddings and garnish with crushed pretzels!