One of our all-time favorite summer desserts is the frozen banana. The traditional version: Banana dipped in milk chocolate, coated with nuts, is a combination that can not be beat.
That being said, in our house, the week leading up to the Fourth of July means that everything shall be hued in red, white, and blue. This version of the frozen banana is coated in white chocolate and topped with some of our favorite decorations… keep reading to find out our secret for the blue drizzle!
- 1 bunch of ripe bananas
- 1 bag of premium white chocolate chips
- 1 TSP coconut oil
- Blue icing
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Popsicle sticks
- Begin by slicing each banana in half; at the base of each banana insert a popsicle stick
- Freeze the bananas for at least 30 minutes
- In a double boiler OR using the microwave method, melt the white chocolate
- Before you coat the bananas in the white chocolate, you may want to add a small amount of coconut oil into the chocolate to make it a little more runny
- After coating each banana in white chocolate, decorate immediately with sprinkles, or decorations of choice
- TIP: pop a couple of tablespoons of blue icing into the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until runny… this makes an excellent drizzle for the bananas!