Okay so in the book Ghosted by Rosie Walsh, the main characters Sarah and Eddie have their first date at a pub where they get tipsy off beer and then end up feasting on crisps and cheese. Honestly, goals.
So I ventured out to make some homemade crisps; sans the deep frying, because ‘kini season. I used a Cuisinart to cut my crisps, but if you have a sharp knife that will be fine. Oh, also, if you did not know: when we say crisps we are referring to chips, bc Ghosted is set in the U.K.
- 4 russet potatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet
- In a large mixing bowl combine the slice potatoes, olive oil, salt, paprika, and Italian herb seasoning
- Mix the potatoes with the seasoning until well combined
- Place the coated potatoes on the baking sheet and use tongs to spread them out
- Bake for about 25 minutes (NOTE: some of the chips will cook faster than others depending on the size. If you need to open the oven prematurely and remove some of the chips, that’s fine)