These fireworks cookies are so simple to make, and are SO delicious. Also known as tie-dye cookies on the internet, fireworks cookies are made by laying down stripes of colored icing, and dragging a toothpick back and forth to create a fun pattern.
There are a few methods for these cookies online, however we decided to create a shortcut version… they are just as delicious, and will save you that extra bit of time.
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP milk
- 2 TBSP corn syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Red & blue food coloring
- Bake sugar cookies according to package directions
- Prepare icings by combining the powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and almond extract
- Divide the icing into 3 bowls, add red food coloring to one and blue to the other
- Coat each cookie with a smooth layer of white icing. With a spoon, drizzle lines of red icing horizontally across the cookie, do the same with the blue icing. Next take a toothpick and run the toothpick vertically across the lines you have made.
- Let cookies set for several hours before serving!