the book: I Really Needed This Today by Hoda Kotb
Like the title of this book suggests, we turn to this stack of small but mighty pages whenever we’re hungry for a pick-me-up. “I Really Needed This Today” was born after the absolute “Queen of feel good” Hoda Kotb started posting inspirational quotes on social media, and A LANDSLIDE of people started commenting “thank you so much for these words, I really needed this today”.
Thankfully, Hoda compiled these little gems to have at your fingertips when you need a little lift. She also adds her commentary on each quote. Our personal favorite? “Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you”.
On a side note: We just want to thank Hoda for the endless emo support she unknowingly brings us every morning with her huge smiles and friendly banter. She’s literally the only person we want to hear talk before we have our morning lattes.
the bite: breakfast bars
These breakfast bars are packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like dates, almond butter, pumpkin seeds, and a touch of chocolate for that morning pick-me-up! We enjoy these no-bake bars on those mornings when you have to top-knot and go…
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup honey
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- handful of chocolate chips
- Line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients until well combined & sticky
- Take the mixture out of the food processor, and press into the pan (pro tip: wet your hands or spatula as you press so that the mixture doesn’t stick
- Pop the pan into the refrigerator for 20 min before slicing
- Note- these bars are best stored in the fridge! You can keep them out on the counter top, but they might become a little more soft in consistency