Even though we liveeee for drama, we also love us a peacemaker. I.e. Dorinda Medley from the RHONY and her amazing role in the Berkshires blowup, “I made it NICE.” In The Jetsetters, it’s obvious that the peacemaker is Regan… always leaving a plate of cheese & crackers in the wake of a fight.
We love Regan’s concept of using cheese & carbs to relieve family drama, but the reality is, we couldn’t JUST give you a recipe for a cheese plate and call it a day. That would be poor form. So, the “I Made It Nice” Cracker was born.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
*note – fresh herbs always preferred, but dried will do!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Using an electric mixer, blend together the flour and butter until small pieces form
- Add the milk, cheese, chopped herbs and salt to the flour/butter mixture
- If the dough is too dry to stick together, add a little more milk
- Once dough is well combined, use your hands to create a ball
- Place the ball of dough on a floured surface and begin molding it into a log using parchment paper – stick in fridge for 15 minutes to chill
- Once the log is chilled, remove from the parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, cut quarter inch slices
- Place the slices on your baking sheet, sprinkling a little sea salt on each; bake for 20-25 min until golden brown