Hands down, these are my favorite chocolate chip cookies. My sister refers to them as “deli style” and I am not quite sure why, but they are very rich, full of chocolate chips and very soft inside. Like eating cookie dough.
Before I dive into this recipe I would like to flag that if you are into a more crisp-style cookie, like Tate’s, these are not for you.
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of softened butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and check that your butter is soft; soft butter is v important
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside
- In a separate bowl combine the brown and granulated sugar with the butter and vanilla extract, and beat until creamy and smooth
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- Now add in the flour mixture, slowly so that flour does not whip everywhere; once combined turn off the beater and use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a tablespoon dipped in water (so the dough doesn’t stick) scoop out 1 ½ to 2 inch balls of dough and drop them on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes and take the cookies out of the oven JUST before you think they are done.. they may look underdone but that’s fine, that is how it is supposed to be
- Let the cookies sit for a good 15 min before serving