This crostini recipe was inspired by my sister’s friend Nadina, who made them for her annual Christmas Eve banger. The original version calls for red grapes, but I used green because that is what I had on hand. Both versions are delish.
In the book, Social Creature, the main characters frequent many wild gatherings in New York, including a book party that goes sour when there is a run-in with an ex… Anyway, since most of the characters are semi-anno, there wasn’t exactly a direct path to recipe inspiration for this one.
HOWEVER – no social gathering is ever complete without a good crostini right?! This version is so simple to make in a pinch, and requires only a few steps.
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch green grapes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 scallion or red onion, minced
- Goat cheese log
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the baguette into pieces for the crostini
- Line up each bread piece on a baking sheet and brush the tops with olive oil; place in oven to toast
- Combine the grapes, scallion, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside
- When the bread is golden, take the baking sheet out of the oven; spread about a spoonful of goat cheese on top
- Once each crostini has been spread with the goat cheese, top off with a spoonful of the grape mixture