When I moved into New York, it was July and our place had no AC. Since it was summer, we hadn’t actually spent the weekends there in the city, so many essentials had been missing for weeks. One of the first dinners I had at the apartment was cereal, using a massive serving spoon since there were no utensils. It was so tragic, but also one of those cute NYC moments that sticks with you!
For this bite, in honor of the apartment and my cereal dinner, I have made cereal bark. Super easy to make, and very chic to serve in a pretty dish to friends.
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Cereal of choice (if you are entertaining with this I would do something fun like Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a double boiler OR the microwave tempering trick melt your white chocolate
- Once the white chocolate is completely melted and runny, pour directly onto the baking sheet (you can tilt the sheet back and forth a bit to get the desired thickness)
- Sprinkle your cereal onto the white chocolate while it is still soft, you can also mix a few cereals if you’d like
- Pop the pan into the fridge or freezer and let sit for about 10-15 min; once the bark as completely solidified, use your hands to break into pieces