When I was younger I went to this French-camp called FrancoFun (amazing) and as a part of curriculum we did French cooking. This recipe for crêpes is from that camp and it is absolutely fool proof! It has been our go-to crêpe recipe for the last 15 years and we are so excited to share it with you in honor of the Romance/Time Travel novel, In Five Years.
In the book, Dannie and her best friend Bella share crêpes at brunch, and it’s one of those cozy New York City moments that makes you super nostalgic.
Here is our recipe for Fool-Proof Crêpes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined
- Add the milk, water and then melted butter last
- Once the batter is smooth, place 1 tbs of butter into a non-stick pan, and preheat on low (the pan is a major part of this process, we like this one from Amazon)
- Test the heat of the pan by placing your palm over the top; if the air feels warm you are good to start cooking!
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, and swivel it around in a circular motion until the entire pan is covered
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping to the other side