Spiced Apple & Goat Cheese Crostini
Ever wonder what to do with alllll of that extra pumpkin butter that you bought? Us too (there are only so many times you can treat yourself to a half bagel smeared with the stuff).
SO we’ve started to get creative, adding a touch to our salad vinaigrette for a seasonal flair, or putting a dollop in a ramekin on our cheese boards.
This recipe for Spiced Apple & Goat Cheese Crostini uses a touch of pumpkin butter in the apple topping, creating a rich and warm flavor that tastes EXACTLY like baked apples that have been stewing for hours… it pairs wonderfully with tangy goat cheese, and we can not get enough. Here are the steps to make 6 crostini:
- 1 demi-baguette
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs pumpkin butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Slice 6 crostini from the baguette and set them on the baking sheet; spray or brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt before placing them in the oven for 10 minutes to toast
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon, and honey
- In another small bowl combine the chopped apples with the pumpkin butter
- Remove the baguette slices from the oven and assemble the crostini by first spreading the goat cheese mixture on each and then topping with a spoonful of the apple mixture