After reading Everything Beautiful in Its Time by Jenna Bush Hager, we decided to do a little research on our favorite talk show host’s go-to snacks and treats, and one dish kept popping up… QUESO.
There are 10000 ways to make queso, but similar to us, Jenna sticks to what is tried and true: Velveeta Cheese.
Jenna’s recipe uses 1 can of refried beans, but we decided to add our own spin, and sub in corn (we like to think Jenna would appreciate this creativity 😉 ) We also decided to omit the ground beef, but recommend this addition if you are looking for a heartier dip!
- 1 block Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 16 Oz. can yellow corn, drained
- 1 10 Oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 Oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 avocado
- In a pot or saucepan over medium heat, add the Velveeta, corn, 1/2 of the can of tomatoes, 1/2 of the can of chiles, onion, and seasoning
- Stir until cheese is completely melted and ingredients are well combined. Remove queso from heat and pour into serving dish; garnish with sliced avocado