Dear JBH, can we be friends?
Much like when you tune into watch Hoda and Jenna and you feel like you’re with friends, reading Everything Beautiful in Its Time by Jenna Bush Hager feels like you’re catching up with a loved one.
the book: Everything Beautiful in Its Time by Jenna Bush Hager
Regardless of where you stand on politics, as Americans, we were all given the privilege of watching this family navigate their lives in and outside of the White House. But to us, our love for the Bush family goes far beyond the walls of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave… We’ve laughed, cried, loved, and cringed together- in a word we GREW with the Bushes.
We love the intimate details Jenna shares of cozy memories made during summers in Kennebunkport, fishing with her father and Gampy, the unconditional love for her sister, the admiration for her mother, and now her tales of motherhood. Cheers JBH and thank you for taking us along on your journey!
the recipe: Easy Queso
We decided to do a little research on our favorite talk show host’s go-to snacks and treats, and one dish kept popping up… QUESO.
There are 10000 ways to make queso, but similar to us, Jenna sticks to what is tried and true: Velveeta Cheese.
Jenna’s recipe uses 1 can of refried beans, but we decided to add our own spin, and sub in corn (we like to think Jenna would appreciate this creativity 😉 ) We also decided to omit the ground beef, but recommend this addition if you are looking for a heartier dip!
- 1 block Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 16 Oz. can yellow corn, drained
- 1 10 Oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 Oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 avocado
- In a pot or saucepan over medium heat, add the Velveeta, corn, 1/2 of the can of tomatoes, 1/2 of the can of chiles, onion, and seasoning
- Stir until cheese is completely melted and ingredients are well combined. Remove queso from heat and pour into serving dish; garnish with sliced avocado