Pumpkin Spice Cereal Treats
We made a promise to ourselves while writing this post that we would not use the B-word (basic.) BECAUSE these treats are farrrrr from that heinous term.
It is a truly magical time when Trader Joe’s transitions from surf board tortilla chips and peach salsa to pumpkin EVE-RY-THING.
We’re convinced that at the beginning of each fall we hold onto our “summer tans” just a touch longer than we should have due to the sheer amount of orange pumpkin-flavored-everything we are consuming from the one and only Trader Joe’s.
This recipe came to Marcy in a dream… she said she woke up actually smelling cinnamon ( we took that to mean we had to get to the kitchen ASAP!)
- 6 cups Pumpkin Cereal O’s (avail at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 3 TBS salted butter
- 1/4 TBS Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Shake of cinnamon
- Spray a baking pan with coconut oil and set aside (for THICK treats use 8×8 for Reg treats 9×13)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter; add the marshmallows and stir until melted
- Once the marshmallow/butter combination has melted, add in the pumpkin cereal, stirring until well combined
- Place the mixture into the greased baking sheet, using your hands or rubber spatula to press down