Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onion Dip
There is a reason why this dip is one of our most popular recipes! It is the perfect balance of salty, tangy, and sweet.
You may serve this with sliced baguette, crackers, or even spread a touch on some ciabatta for your next sandwich! Trust us, you will not be able to get enough.
The one note I will make about this recipe is that properly caramelizing onions does take time. If you want perfectly caramelized onions, be patient… thankfully you can keep the onions on low heat and go about other tasks while they cook… stirring occasionally!
- 1 large onion ( we have used both yellow onions and sweet onions in this recipe- both delicious)
- 1 large goat cheese log, at room temp
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- OPTIONAL BUT SUGGESTED: 1 tsp fresh rosemary, 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Begin by chopping the onion into small, even pieces (remember the onion will later be folded into the dip, so the pieces shouldn’t be larger than a half-inch each!)
- Add the chopped onion and olive oil into a skillet on low heat; allow to sit for about an hour until caramelized, stirring occasionally
- While the onions caramelize, combine 3/4 of the goat cheese log and the greek yogurt. Stir until well combined
- Add the salt, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper to the goat cheese mixture; if adding the fresh herbs, add those as well
- Once the onions are ready, set them aside to cool completly before folding them into the dip
- Once onions are cool, mix them in with the dip. You may serve this right away, or keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days!