There was not an abundant amount of food-talk in Followers by Megan Angelo. In fact, I think the only one real food ref was to plain chicken breasts? No thank you.
So we got to thinking what we could share that would be fun, delicious and RELEVANT. That is when my brilliant sister Sally had the wonderful idea to share something that is trending on social media – food that is. After doing some research, I found that there were a lot of fun Instagrammable recipes we could try out, like that pancake cereal challenge or whipped coffee… however one thing that stuck out to me was ice cream sandwiches.
This ice cream sandwich has cracked the code. The combo of soft chocolate cookie with smooth strawberry ice cream is BEYOND. The trick is to bake soft cookies because let’s be honest – no one likes a mezzzzy sandwich.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Strawberry ice cream of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking sheet
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder
- In a separate bowl, beat together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter until creamy
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter/sugar mixture
- Slowly add the flour/cocoa mixture, beating slowly until well combined
- Stir in the white chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scooper or spoon, scoop out your cookies onto the baking sheet and slightly flatten with the back of a spatula
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Before assembling the ice cream sandwiches, remove the strawberry ice cream from the freezer to soften!