Drawing Home takes place in the town Sag Harbor, where the beloved yogurt shop, BuddhaBerry resides. Some fun background information on BuddhaBerry: the founder, Nancy Passaretti, founded the shop to improve her family’s health by creating a delicious but nutrient packed frozen treat.
As always, we look to share easy and accessible versions of our book’s main bites. These pineapple boats are refreshing and festive, with a tangy yogurt drizzle. We presented ours family style, but we also love the idea of serving individual boats with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or sorbet.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum, or to taste
- Slice the pineapple into quarters, lengthwise
- Using a sharp knife, run your knife along along the shell and the inside of the pineapple
- Once you have removed the skin, take your knife and make cuts horizontally to make bite sized pieces; repeat for each boat
- Whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and rum
- Drizzle the yogurt mixture over the pineapple boats, and top with lime zest