Marinated Clap Happy Goat Cheese
In All Adults Here, Porter Strick owns the “Clap Happy Cheese Goat Cheese” company, so we were BEYOND thrilled to have a legitimate excuse to share this marinated goat cheese recipe, as it is a staple appetizer at BBTP.
Tangy goat cheese, marinated in salty, garlicky, and slightly-spicy olive oil is delicious on a table water cracker or spread over a toasted baguette. Fresh herbs are preferred for this recipe, however dried are fine in a pinch.
- 1 log of plain goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- Slice the goat cheese log into quarter inch slices (PRO TIP: use unflavored floss to do this; it creates evenly cut slices)
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and chopped herbs, whisking until combined
- Pour olive oil mixture over the goat cheese slices on a serving plater, top with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon