I loved this book from the very beginning when the main character Emily and her BFF Seb sat in SoHo square, picking at a sandwich and salad bowl whilst discussing their love life… literally me, at every lunch break when I worked in PR.
The book falls in that category of twisty-femme-thrillers. Think, The Wife Between Us, Girl on the Train, The Last Mrs. Parrish… but unlike some of the others, I absolutely DID NOT predict how it ends.
the book: The Other Woman by Sandie Jones
In The Other Woman, Emily begins dating Adam… an unbelievably handsome “whole package” type. But things start to go down hill after Emily is introduced to Adam’s mother, Pammie. You’ll literally be questioning everything just a few chapters in.
the bite: Jalapeño Poppers
Similar to the characters in The Other Woman, just when you think you know what you’ll get with this easy app, they’ll surprise you.
Blistered jalapeños, rich herbed cream cheese, and crisp salty bacon… need I say more? And don’t worry if you don’t like spicy! These are surprisingly sweet… KIND OF LIKE this book will surprise you.
- 8 oz. brick cream cheese
- 10 jalapeno poppers
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 10 strips of bacon cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil, and place bacon strips on the sheet. bake for 10 minutes (or until desired crispiness)
- Take out the bacon and let it rest on paper towels
- Slice all of the jalapeños lengthwise and clean out the insides, do not leave any seeds!
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, garlic powder, and minced chives
- Spoon in cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño “boat”
- Put boats into oven, bake for 15 minutes. Add bacon strip on top of each jalapeño and bake for an additional 2 mins.
- Transfer to serving platter and ENJOY!