pigs in a blanket
The asinine behavior of the school boys in the beginning of Normal People must be addressed. Like really? And can we just talk about her brother Alan for a sec? AND JAMIE? Common theme here: besides Connell, the males in Marianne’s life are the worst. What the french would call, “cochons!” or pigs.
Below you will find the absolute best recipe for pigs in a blanket. Only a few ingredients, and not to throw shade at Pillsbury, but much more satisfying than using crescent rolls.
- 1 package of 10 hotdogs
- 1 bag refrigerated pizza dough, we like Trader Joe’s
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut hot dogs in half
- Rip off pieces of the pizza dough, rolling into strips that are long enough to wrap around the center of the hotdog, keeping ends exposed
- Place the wrapped hot dog seam side down on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Once each hot dog is wrapped, brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle on the Italian herb seasoning and salt
- Pop in the oven, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown