wannabe millionaire’s shortbread
When we were young my mom would always make these treats called “Toffee Grahams.” They are low-key addicting, a breeze to make, and only involve three ingredients.
Inspired by “millionaire’s shortbread,” this version of Toffee Grahams entails melted chocolate and the humble graham… trying to pass itself off as a rich, buttery cookie enveloped in chocolate. Classic Anna Delvey.
- 1 package of graham crackers (12 to a package)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil
- Break apart the grahams, and lay side by side on a cookie sheet
- Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until it simmers and all of the butter is melted
- Pour the toffee mixture evenly over the grahams, using a knife after to make sure the edges are coated
- Bake the grahams for 8 minutes
- After 8 minutes when the toffee has started to bubble, remove the pan and remove each graham onto tin foil
- Let the grahams completely cool
- Once the grahams are cool, melt the chocolate chips; Once the chips are completely melted dip each graham and set aside to cool